Back to brewing after a LONG layoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breck09

Reaction score
Been out of the brewing world for a few years now and trying to get back in as my life starts to settle down a bit. I just went to my keezer and it is a mess. Nothing a good cleaning can't fix. That being said the shanks to my taps are filthy on the inside. They are stainless and was wondering what I could soak them in to get them squeaky clean. Thanks.

PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash). Go heavy on the mixture (3 oz per gallon in a bucket). Get the water as hot as you can, doesn't have to be nuclear, your hottest water from the faucet should be fine. Stir it up real good. Dunk those bad boys and let them soak overnight. Should break everything up nicely. If it's really gunky then take a little wire brush or something to the inside after soaking. Rinse them with water really good after cleaning. A quick star-san soak or spray down before re-assembly would be good too. Hope this helps!

Back