back to brewing after 15 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubajay

Reaction score
I started brewing about 15 years ago after I was introduced to brewing by Yuseff Cherney from the Home Brew Mart in Sloina Beach California. I did tig welding back then and Yuseff contacted me to cut the tops off of some kegils and Weld bungs in. I did most of the work in trade for brewing supplies. Yuseff introduced me to Vince Marsaglia (pizza port) and Vince Cilurzo (blind Pig) who I did some small welding jobs for in trade for Beer and all the information I couls soak up.
Well after a long absince from home brewing I have decided to get all of my old equipment out and dust it off. Two week ago I brewed my first extract batch and decided I want to jumt right into all grain so last Friday I took a trip to Moor Beer Riverside and purchased all the equipment that I need to do my very first Batch of all grain, Thanks Rob for all your help. So I guess with that Im off and running with my latest obsesion.

Scubajay,

I'm new here to. This place is so packed with information it will probably burst. I wish I lived close to More Beers store (well maybe not I'd be broke forever) I have ordered alot of stuff from them. I'm glad to hear your back in business on the beer. I have some Pizza Port - Shark Bite Red kegged and starting to get really good. If you like Brown Ale you should try Eric's Bodacious Brown from More Beer MMM! It's the best beer I've ever made! Oh it's SO tasty!!! I did the partial-mash kit but would like to try the AG kit once I get my electric BIAB setup going. Obsess away!!!

Scubajay, my own introduction from a couple weeks ago is very similar to yours! I was out of the hobby (the brewing part, not the consumption part) for almost 20 years. I also went to MoreBeer in Riverside to re-acquire my equipment. I also have a brief interlude with Blind Pig in my history, other than drinking it, as I had applied for a job there once (didn't get it LOL). Like you I intended to move into All Grain fairly quickly but I'm getting back in the swing with a few extract batches first!

Welcome back to the hobby and welcome to HBT from another noob here!

Back