Back in a few

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumbaa

I prefer 23383
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Upgraded my OS to windows 7 and now my computer wont boot up. After 10 hours of fawking around I took it to the shop. 3-5Day turn around.

Ever since 95>98 I've considered upgrades russian roulette and luckily I never got folled into the Windows ME upgrade. May those users computers RIP

I hijacked my wifes machine for a few minutes here . . .

well day 3 still waiting for info, figure I'll find out more tomorrow (3rd business day).

I did have to laugh in one guys face when he told me it sounded like I needed a bigger power supply . . . when I built the thing I went with a 750w just so I could add on and not have issues (had a TON of power to spare). Now 4 years later you are telling me the addition of a ethernet card is eating all my power? yeah I'll just go someplace else thank you.

I hijacked my wifes machine for a few minutes here . . .

well day 3 still waiting for info, figure I'll find out more tomorrow (3rd business day).

I did have to laugh in one guys face when he told me it sounded like I needed a bigger power supply . . . when I built the thing I went with a 750w just so I could add on and not have issues (had a TON of power to spare). Now 4 years later you are telling me the addition of a ethernet card is eating all my power? yeah I'll just go someplace else thank you.

To be fair, I've seen a lot of crappy power supplies not putting out their supposed current. Even a 750 Watt may not be a true 750 Watt in some cases.

The easy way to determine is to unplug any non-essential and see what happens. But yeah, any 750 W ought to be plenty unless you are running dual gaming video cards, and then, probably still be enough.

Honestly, it could be a number of things. Try reseating memory, or checking all connections (like the extra PSU cords, etc)?

I think Windows 7 has been the best OS to upgrade IMO.

To be fair, I've seen a lot of crappy power supplies not putting out their supposed current. Even a 750 Watt may not be a true 750 Watt in some cases.

The easy way to determine is to unplug any non-essential and see what happens. But yeah, any 750 W ought to be plenty unless you are running dual gaming video cards, and then, probably still be enough.

Honestly, it could be a number of things. Try reseating memory, or checking all connections (like the extra PSU cords, etc)?

I think Windows 7 has been the best OS to upgrade IMO.

(at work atm)

na it's a solid 750w no problems. When I built this thing I was still pretty hard core into MMORPGs (read raiding 60+ hours per week in high end guilds) and was building a machine I would be able to upgrade to dual SLI video cards.

Still havent heard back from the shop . . . dont matter I'm pulling another 48 anyway so not like I could go get it today (or tomorrow)

(at work atm)

na it's a solid 750w no problems. When I built this thing I was still pretty hard core into MMORPGs (read raiding 60+ hours per week in high end guilds) and was building a machine I would be able to upgrade to dual SLI video cards.

Still havent heard back from the shop . . . dont matter I'm pulling another 48 anyway so not like I could go get it today (or tomorrow)

You working a swap or did your department decide overtime pay (and stress) was cheaper than hiring needed staff?

You working a swap or did your department decide overtime pay (and stress) was cheaper than hiring needed staff?

this 48 is a swap. One of the guys took vacation to go see the last shuttle launch with his kids and they delayed the launch so he needed a day. The 48 I worked on Friday/Saturday was for the lack of hiring . . . but in our departments case it's cheaper to leave a few (70) vacancies and hire overtime then it is to hire those guys and pay the salary/benefits and training.

Just curious.. If you have the skills to build a PC. Why are you paying a shop to do repairs? I'm an IT guy and have built many PCs just seems counter intuitive.

building them isnt that hard, as long as it all goes right (tab A into slot B type stuff TBH). My problem is I dont have the patience to troubleshoot and diagnose.

Back