bachelor party near LA (need ideas)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physast

Reaction score
So my friend is getting married in LA, California later this year. I have never been to LA or the surrounding areas and wanted to get some ideas for a bachelor party.

I think Vegas is only 4 hours or so away and could be an idea, but he has mentioned that he might not want to do a Vegas bachelor party.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks

I forgot to mention that he is also a home brewer and very much in to good craft beer.

So my friend is getting married in LA, California later this year. I have never been to LA or the surrounding areas and wanted to get some ideas for a bachelor party.

I think Vegas is only 4 hours or so away and could be an idea, but he has mentioned that he might not want to do a Vegas bachelor party.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks

I forgot to mention that he is also a home brewer and very much in to good craft beer.

How about Lost Abbey and Stone Brewing, in the Escondido area? Both are awesome.

I would love to go to Stone! Might have to run that past the rest of the guys. Start out at a brewery tour then maybe try to locate some good brew pubs. I don't want to be stuck in one place and would like to have the option to have a good assortment of pubs in a close area.

We will have a designated driver, but I think 15min max in a car between pubs is a good limit.

Where at near smelL A? I'm about 40 minutes from there in upland area. There are some good beer bars around here.

From LAX, head south. Rent a driver/vehicle for the day and hit Greenflash, Pizza Port, Stone, Karl Strauss, Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Ballast Point, Rock Bottom...

If the Groom to be is a homebrewer and into craft beer, and the bachelor party is supposed to be about the groom, this would make a nuts (in a good way) day!

:mug:

We went to Mexico for my bachelor party. It was kinda lame. I wish we would've gone to Vegas instead.

LA has some great brewpubs or gastropubs - Father's Office, The Yard in Santa Monica, Red Car Brewery in Torrance (near LAX), Belmont Brewery in the LBC, just to name a few.

cyberbackpacker's recommendations are good too, 'cept I'd add Encinitas Alehouse and Blind Lady Ale House to the list.

I was at Stone brewing two weeks ago, and it's pretty sweet. Although, aside from the brewery tour and the bar, there isn't a whole lot to do there bachelor-party wise. Same with the tasting rooms at lost abbey, ballast point, etc.

Instead, I might suggest hitting something a little closer to LA, such as The Bruery in Placentia, CA (near LA) and a few other local LA spots mentioned above, and then hit the titty bars. It's a bachelor party! You gotta.

Latest posts

Back