b..b..beginner brewer from BC, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixt3

Reaction score
After lurking and learning here for several weeks, I bought an rj spagnols starters equipment kit and started a batch of the apfelwein using the better bottle. It is carbing nicely in 2-litre pop bottles. I then bought three Coopers kits on sale at Save-On Foods... the first batch has been bottled for a week now, and the other two are in primary :)

The second and third kits were modified :) the canadian blonde had some honey and fresh basil leaves from the patio added, and the real ale got an apple or two washed, chopped, and boiled for several min with the dme. Looking forward to tasting all three batches, but I will be patient !

I just wanted to introduce myself, and say thanks to all for all of the great info. If anyone from the lower mainland -Langley- has any info on local clubs/groups or tips on where to get local supplies, I'd be grateful. A local u-brew has LME for $6 /litre, but told me hops are ....40 cents a gram (thatd be about $11 ounce.... :(
I have seen dans homebrew in van website, but hoping for more local.

Thanks!

Howdy from New West. you could try fraser valley hop and grain. i have never bought from there but i know its closer.. i don't think they sell any equipment . there is a new place here in New west called Barley's on Columbia St. they sell most everything you would need. and there is Bosa grape in Burnaby. they literally have anything you can think of, but are a lil pricey. Dans is the cheapest but most pain in the butt to get to.

Welcome

Edit:there are a few in surrey to, never been to them, and not sure how much beer stuff they got but prolly worth a google search

Welcome, and be sure and post some pics and tasting notes of your beers when they are done. I love the basil idea, I grow basil also so might give it a try one day.

Back