Awesome Brewery Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spazzy

Reaction score
So as part of my Christmas gift my girlfriend and I took a roadtrip to milwaukee, we ate at a local brewpub and then took the grand tour of Miller. For the most part I don't love their products but they are great served at 30 degrees after mowing the lawn or something.

The tour was awesome, I was just amazed by the HUGENESS of the facility. One warehouse had the square footage of 5 football fields, beer stacked 20 feet high and it gets completely turned over in 24 hours. I kept telling the gf about all the steps that I do on the stove or in my 5 gallon fermenting bucket. We both could relate to the bottling line because she does the majority of the capping when I bottle a batch :D

As much as I don't like bmc, the cave at Miller is cool. Should'a hit Lakefront Brewing. One of the best brewery tours I've ever been on too.

I drive by irwindale all the time and never once have I wanted to visit the brewery.:p

Im saving lakefront for another time, so some good friends can tour along with me

spazzy said:
Im saving lakefront for another time, so some good friends can tour along with me

Cool. Do the Friday fish fry there too. One of the best in town. Then have a beer at the bar at Mader's with s sausage and cheese plate. Good stuff!

I went down with the girlfriend to the Bud plant in St. Louis, and it was nuts not only how big it was, but how set up for tourists it is. They have a whole tour holding building where tours leave every 20 min or so, they also have a stable for their clydesdale horses. Two free full beers at the end of the tour for each person, and yes, it is amazing the scale on which they do things. Think 2500 barrel fermenter.

Back