Aviation Industry???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighBrew88

Reaction score
I've noticed many have usernames referencing aviation. I also noticed a picture of someones beer with a NTSB accident investigation book in the background. Anyways, whom among us are in this B**** of an industry. If so, what do you do and where do you work??

My dad was an Aircraft mechanic for a number of years. before i was born and when i was real young. I think he was done that when I was 2-3 maybe

Big Crow NKC-135 contractor, and now at a different place building custom airborne solutions to the world's problems (using any planes available).

Canadian Air force pilot. I agree with you as to this industry being all c*cked up. Low timers working for nothing. Companies taking advantage of that situation. It always amazes me how one can spend big bucks obtaining their license (AME or Commercial pilot) and get paid less than a guy flipping burgers! I joined the forces in 2005 and never looked back! What do you do skyhigh?

there is at least one commercial pilot on HBT.
I think there are 2-3 private pilots.

If you post something specific, I'm sure they will appear from the background.

Canadian Air force pilot. I agree with you as to this industry being all c*cked up. Low timers working for nothing. Companies taking advantage of that situation. It always amazes me how one can spend big bucks obtaining their license (AME or Commercial pilot) and get paid less than a guy flipping burgers! I joined the forces in 2005 and never looked back! What do you do skyhigh?

Absolutely! I sometimes wish I would've decided to go Air Force as well. I'm currently a first officer with PSA Airlines (US Airways Express wholly-owned) flying CRJ-200 and -700 aircraft. Hoping for better days as well for this industry but there really is two options, go to college and pay or pray for a flight slot in the military (at least in the US).

I am a retired USAF Aircraft Maintenance Officer--EC/RC/KC-135, KC-10, B-52& F-111 also spent a few years w/ American Eagle as a mechanic till hurt on the job.

Spent ten years in the airlines, starting out as a part time fueler/rampie while in college, and finishing as a Dispatch Supervisor for a large US regional. I now work for a Boeing subsidiary as a Strategic Account Manager in the Military Aviation division. I had a lot of fun, met some great folks, and got to travel while with the airlines. But it would take a very $pecial opportunity for me to leave my current gig to go back. BTW, I'm a very un-current fixed wing pilot...my user name refers to my skydiving canopy: Aerodyne Pilot210.

Not a pilot myself, but I do spend a bit of time in the air as "self-loading cargo" ;)

My brother, though, is a pilot and flight instructor for the USMC, and before this year ends he'll reach his 20, retire, and join you gentlemen in the commercial world.

Our contacted cargo pilot for my job is a homebrewer and beer nerd. Needless to say we get along really well.

holy thread revival...

Aircraft Maintenance Production Supervisor.

Zombie pilots will eat your brains!!!
zombie_air_pilot_2_by_forsaken_emotions-d2xzfaw.jpg

Headed to Dallas tomorrow for Lear Jet captain upgrade. Been in the industry since 1996.

Active Duty AF E-3 crew chief for three years. Then went to the guard as a crew chief on C-130s and KC-135s. Aircraft Maintenance Officer on KC-135s for the last six years.

Latest posts

Back