Average age of home brewers......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Average age of home brewers....Poll

• Total voters
started when i was 24 now 25. i do about 5-10 gallons a month. i am the only one who drinks it for now.

No option for u-21?

Not everyone lives in prohibition land ;)

24, by the way, and I'm trying to do 5 gallons every other week or so to try and get a steady pipeline.

I’m 24, i brew about 15 gallons a month. Still learning and saving to open a small brewery with a friend :D

25 and brew 10gallon batches 3-4 times a month... Looking to opening a brewery one day

I am almost 59. HWMO, my Lovely Brewing Assistant, is 67. We brew, on average, probably a 5 gallon batch a month, maybe a bit more in summer, less in winter.. Also cider, wine, and mead.....and drink most of it ourselves. Unless my Auntie and Cousin are visiting, they help put a dent in our stock!

34 and been out of the business since late summer 2015. Life, work, moving, and more life in the way. Looking to get back this spring! Actually my first post since prob 2014 or 15. If I had it my way I'd always have one in the hopper, as it were.

Hello everyone,

My name is Calder and I am a brewaholic.

58, brewing on and off with wine and beer since 1985. Last few years have done average 13 x 6.5 gallon brews a year.

29 myself. Usually brew 10 gallon batches twice a month. Friends usually end up getting half of that.

I assumed you are married, otherwise you just busted the legal limit of 100 gallons per person per year. And admitted to it.

25 and brew 10gallon batches 3-4 times a month... Looking to opening a brewery one day

Ditto.

I'm 75, brewing and consuming 5 gal/mo.

That's great. I hope I'm still drinking that much when I'm 75 without affecting my health.

Hi. I'm Carl Gallagher, aged 12.
I'm learning how to brew beer to pay for my dads new liver.
shameless_carl_gallagher.jpg

All tips are appreciated.

Probably born feb 29th. 11=44

I'm 36. I brew 5 gal every few months. More often around events, camping, summer holidays. Usually do 3-6 5gal cider/wines a year depending on what fruit is available.
But thinking about scaling back to 3 gal batches so I can brew more often.

40, I recently switched to 10 gallon batches so a little more than one batch a month. Probably have to ramp that up in the summer. I also brew professionally on a 50hL Brewhouse (~42bbl) almost 1 million liters last year.

Back