Australia Co2 bottle Type 30 to be filled in USA/Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gplans

Reaction score
Hi There,

I know this topic has been talked about a while ago but thought I would get some fresh ideas.

I am moving back to Canada from Australia and I am taking all my brewing equipment. A few items I own are a couple Co2 regs Type 30 and a Co2 bottle.

I will take them back if I can get an adapter that I can fill the bottle in Canada with but I an not sure if they will fill them in Canada with an adapter and I can only find one place out of the UK that sell the adapter. The adapter is as expensive as the bottle.

I can get an adapter for a Type 30 to the paintball W21.8 thread quite easy but again I am unsure that they will fill that thread in Canada.

Any thought or suggestions?

Cheers

I have no experience with this. Would it be possible or cost effective to change the valve on the bottle and stem on regulator? Then it should be easier to get filled. Just an idea, maybe a bad one.

Before doing anything, check the hydro cert expiration date on the cylinder(s). It may not make economic sense to ship them anywhere...

Cheers!

Back