Austin Homebrew Hoegaarden Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyPants

Reaction score
I have a good friend coming in to town and I thought I would brew this one for him. It is his fav.

I am bubbling so all is good. I got the alcohol boost for it, why not?

Any others brew this and enjoy it.

I have to say that everything I received from Austin HB was packaged and labeled to a tee. I bought this and their Miami Weiss.

I am sure this is going to be great and will probably be my supplier of choice.

BTW, not affiliated and live in Seattle. Just like beer.

Thanks,
SMC

The BrewVint Alcohol Boost is 55% maltose and 45% glucose. It is not simple corn sugar which would be dextrose.

It is a blend that is used by breweries to raise the alcohol.

Forrest

I am working on the same kit, and went to transfer to 2ndary the other day and still have a floating yeast utopia. More time? Rack anyways?

Now as I research, it looks like folks recommend not racking to secondary at all for wits and hefes so you dont lose the cloudy nature.

AHB, I love you guys. Any advice?

I have to say that everything I received from Austin HB was packaged and labeled to a tee.

Are the base grains, specialty grains, and hops labeled as seperate items when you get them? I'm thinking about ordering the Boulevard Pale Ale clone, lived in KC for a long time and now I can't freaking get it in Ohio. Just curious because I'd like to dump it into beersmith.

All the grain, wheat, oats, etc is bagged together. Hops and other stuff separate, bagged and tagged. Very nice, great fresh stuff.

It is super. I have the Hoegaarden in the secondary and the Miami Weiss that just started bubbling tonight!

When I transfered the clone it smelled SPOT on!

Everything is VERY well packaged, labeled and the instructions are great.

AHB you have another order from me coming.....

SMC

I second the A+ nature of Austin Home Brew's kits. I did their Little Kings cream ale AG clone with alcohol boost (which should be hoot. The commercial brand isn't called a mighty midget for nothing). My only complaint was my yeast was DOA, but they refunded me the price and I had White Labs' Kolsch on hand and just pitched that.

I look at it this way, I like to support my LHBS, but he only sells extract clones. I'll order from Austin to get my first kit and I'll always have the recipe to buy bulk grains for the ones I really like from the LHBS. Lord knows there's a ton to try, so I am sure they won't mind. In the Summer I'll get my kit from Austin and my yeast from the LHBS.

Back