Austin Home Brew $20 kits??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do some really good kits. Ive brewed a few and have yet to be disappointed. $20.00 for two cases of good beer, its a no brainier.

Im thinking about trying out all grain, and for $20 for a pre-measured out kit with everything you need, this sounds like a decent deal.

I don't think there are very many places out there where you can buy a kit that includes hops for $20. The yeast is extra in this deal but if you have some yeast already the you are all set if not it is still a pretty good deal. I ordered 2 kits and with shipping it cost me $47. For 4 cases of beer!!! You can't beat that.

Tell me where I can find a case of beer for 10 dollars.

Okay, now tell me where I can find a case of beer for 10 dollars that I will actually enjoy.

See what I did there?

I think I'm going to use this as an opportunity to try minimash for the first time (3 extract brews under my belt so far). Can anyone recommend one of these that might be on the "forgiving" side for a first time masher? I'll be using DeathBrewer's technique from this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-partial-mash-brewing-pics-75231/

If all things were equal I'm probably due to try a Hefe (Have an Amber bottled, an american pale and an IPA in primary right now).

damn, I've done em all, extract, PM and AG, and I think I'm gonna go for a PM or extract on this one. For the value, it pays to go extract. And they're recipes that have been put together already, so it's not like you're gonna take an AG recipe that costs 20 and try to make it an extract recipe that costs 20. The same recipe will cost more doing an extract than an AG or PM, so for the same price, might as well make it as easy as possible wit the extract. Plus, I get to possibly turn a 2 brew day into a 3 brew day. woo hoo.... winning.

That makes sense, I guess I might as well save some $ on the extract and go grain on the next go 'round.

I would be skeptical of a $20 extract IPA. It also bothers me the extract kit is the same as all grain. For some quick extract brews this is a phenomenal deal.

Look at the website to see what the original kits cost....

Many cost well more than others; but all of these are on sale for $20....

It's a marketing thing - 20th anniversary kits for $20; it would defeat the purpose to make 'em different prices....

Of course skeptics will be skeptics. :mug:

The profit margin on a $20 extract IPA is probably zero or a loss. It is this price in hopes the person loads up on other items with a high profit margin.

ruffdeezy, I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's a promotion.

Oh, I got a 20 dollar deal on this great beer? Why not spend 10, even 20 dollars more because it's way better than I could buy at the store!

I may very well grab six of these kits for $120 then use the 10% off coupon I got for the whole CC situation...that'll bring me down to $108 (free shipping!) plus tax...that seems like an amazing deal to me

Some people just can't appreciate a sale without opening a discussion on business principals and what's "really going on here". :rolleyes: I think it's a cool promotion and a great chance to pick up an extract kit to have on hand for a quick brew session.

How long is this sale good for? I'd hate to miss out on by waiting 1 day too long or something. But pay day is around the corner.

i've been trying to convince myself it's money saving mode time but i can't pass this up! a great opportunity to get my pipeline going.

Woah, someone went heavy on the "delete post" key! ;-)

AHS kits are pretty good. I've only tried a few of them but I've liked them all. If I didn't have 4 brews in queue right now I would have ordered a couple of these $20 ones... Good Job Forrest, and congrats on the anniversary!

Has anyone used their IPA kit? The website doesn't have any reviews on that one.

My first AG brew was one of the IPA kits from AHB. I don't think this one is the same since it has the Falconer's Flight hops (which I believe are new). It doesn't look like any of the other IPA kits, so it's probably a special.

After making a pale ale with the Falcon hops, I'm intrigued to try this one.

I happen to like their ag kits. I don't have a lhbs, so I don't always have grain laying around. I've made some real good beer from those kits. And yes, if you like to tinker you can adjust them to suit your whim. Plus how can you resist not getting a $20 kit if you're rounding up to the $100 mark for free shipping. You'd be a fool not to, especially if you're an extract brewer.

_

I sometimes want to order an extract kit just to turn out a quick beer some night, but it's so expensive compared to AG. I plan on order this stout tomorrow and pitching it on the yeast cake of my brown that I'm brewing Sunday. Can't beat $27.99 for a complete batch of beer.

I think it's a cool promotion and a great chance to pick up an extract kit to have on hand for a quick brew session.

My thoughts exactly. I've been slacking on brewing lately and picked up a few extract kits to quickly fill the kegs back up. I foresee a few double brew days in my near future. I'm wondering how people who don't buy in bulk can pass up $20 kits.

What's with the wholesale deleting of posts? I guess they were off-topic but we would never know what was said because they have been deleted. Perhaps a better way to address this would be to ask the people to take the off-topic stuff to another thread. As ti stands, it appears that the mods are just randomly deleting posts they don;t like or agree with.

I realize this is a private forum, but it really doesn't do any of us any good when half the threads on here are censored.

Just ordered the Stout and Belgium Wit.. Cant wait to get them.. with the brew pot I ordered last night I will be off and running..

Awesome deal. I just ordered 3 kits and a bunch of extra hops to take advantage of the free shipping. Thanks for sharing!

What's with the wholesale deleting of posts? I guess they were off-topic but we would never know what was said because they have been deleted. Perhaps a better way to address this would be to ask the people to take the off-topic stuff to another thread. As ti stands, it appears that the mods are just randomly deleting posts they don;t like or agree with.

I realize this is a private forum, but it really doesn't do any of us any good when half the threads on here are censored.

The comments must have been off topic, thus not pertaining to the discussion and not important. So it doesn't matter what they said.

I'm thinking about ordering a few more kits from them. Although, I just had three delivered Monday. I figured that I'd be saving $6 - $13 per kit. That means I'd have 8 waiting in the wings. Hmmm, decisions, decisions....
When I see the OT posts, I'm always wondering what I missed.

How long is this sale running? I ordered 2 kits but may want to add a few more down the road. Do an extract batch every other batch to keep the pipeline full.

Back