Austin brewery suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eko

Reaction score
I'm on my way to Austin for a few days. Visiting family who are not beer drinkers but have offered to stop at some breweries during the city tour they've planned. For options, Brewery tours or interesting spaces might be of interest to the non beer drinkers. But what would you suggest? Favorites? Can't miss spots?

Jester King is pretty cool to visit.

I've never visited any other Austin breweries, but these all make pretty decent beer, IMHO:
Live Oak
Thirsty Planet

Again, never visited these, but I've always found their beers underwhelming, so I'm not going to recommend paying them a visit:
Uncle Billy's
Independence Brewing Co
Resignation

There's plenty more, but I haven't tried them all yet.

Jester King was an experience. I'd recommend it. There was not a lot of middle ground with their beers but I found a couple on tap that I liked and took chances on a couple bottles that were good. Really enjoyed the place and it's surroundings. Friendly staff & brewer, too. Unfortunately we'd planned on pizza but the adjoining place had closed early. Jesters let one in the party run out to a place nearby and bring it in, usually they don't allow outside food or so the sign says. If you're thinking you'll get pizza call ahead.

Stumbled on Uncle Billy's because we walked to a food truck park nearby. It was ok. They were bottling, that was entertaining.

For the sheer number of options as well as the sausage, Banger's on Rainey street was a hit. I would've been tempted to play beer bingo but didn't see it until we were leaving.

Latest posts

Back