Aussie going to baseball game in NYC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MLB has suspended spring training and is delaying opening day by at least 2 weeks. NYC is now under a state of emergency (just declared) and is banning all gatherings > 500 people.

A real shame, but this is terrible timing for visiting the U.S. in general, and certainly for attending any large public event.

MLB has suspended spring training and is delaying opening day by at least 2 weeks. NYC is now under a state of emergency (just declared) and is banning all gatherings > 500 people.

A real shame, but this is terrible timing for visiting the U.S. in general, and certainly for attending any large public event.
It's not looking good-I wouldn't be surprised if the delay the start back to May and shorten the season. I don't think we have hit full impact yet of the virus.

We dont fly over for 50 more days but its not even looking like we will be able to fly. Will have to wait and see. I might be asking a similar question about the NFL in 6 months time..lol

Based on: NY, LA, SD, LV and SF.
The Oakland (near SF) Raiders are moving to Las Vegas and their new stadium in 2020. My first choice.
The SF 49ers play south of the city. If Vegas doesn't work out, I'd see them.
The SD Chargers moved to LA. The Rams and Chargers have a new stadium opening in LA this year. Does anyone care? My third choice.
The NY Giants and NY Jets both play in New Jersey. I'm a Giants fan. The town and stadium where they plan are not exciting. Neither team is exciting.
Maybe the Yankees and LA Dodgers will still be playing baseball in October!

Well Qantas are offering free cancellations with a credit voucher so looks like I will be cancelling. The AFL season here is looking at starting late and cutting back to 17 rounds and starting on May 31st instead of this weekend. Anything happening with the Baseball yet?

I will now look at heading over in November and attending an NFL game instead. So Will ask questions later in the year. Thanks guys and stay bat flu free..

They are shutting down Las Vegas for a couple of weeks. They canceled all of the beer festivals in California. Nothing to do but drink beer and play COD for the next two weeks

Back