Assistance Request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tfire136

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is in the right place to put this. I posted a thread today regarding my build of a Countertop Brutus system. Everything else is complete except for the control panel which I have been unsuccessful at completing. I know nothing about electricity and received a little assistance from my father. The box is all complete and everything is in place (PID, SSR, Heatsink and TC). I am running into bumps with getting this thing wired properly (mostly with getting the SSR to output properly to the element)and working as it should. I am hoping that there is an experienced member who can assist me get everything put together correctly. It will probably take someone who knows what they are looking at about 5 minutes to wire it properly and make sure its functioning. I will pay return postage, compensate you for your time, and if your are a cigar smoker, I will throw in some fantastic smokes for your trouble. If anyone can help me out please let me know.....don't know what else to do at this point :eek:

Tony

I'll take a stab at this even without a diagram.

Are you attempting to measure the output voltage of the SSR with no load attached to the thing? (Meaning, heater element is not plugged in, and you are using a multi-meter to try and measure the voltage present at the receptacle?)

I'll take a stab at this even without a diagram.

Are you attempting to measure the output voltage of the SSR with no load attached to the thing? (Meaning, heater element is not plugged in, and you are using a multi-meter to try and measure the voltage present at the receptacle?)

Or more simply, explain what the problem is.

Back