Asheville TBers?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Asheville, I need a favor. The company for which I work fabricated all the bridges at the New Belgium facility. I'm looking for a couple nice pictures of the "sawtooth" bridge over there. All the pictures we have are from the fall of 2015 related to the setting and installation so they're ugly.

Hoping one of you is close or planning to be in the area in the next week or so and could snap me some nice pictures now that everything is up and running over there. I would be eternally grateful and maybe some beer ends up on your porch in the future.

Hey Asheville, I need a favor. The company for which I work fabricated all the bridges at the New Belgium facility. I'm looking for a couple nice pictures of the "sawtooth" bridge over there. All the pictures we have are from the fall of 2015 related to the setting and installation so they're ugly.

Hoping one of you is close or planning to be in the area in the next week or so and could snap me some nice pictures now that everything is up and running over there. I would be eternally grateful and maybe some beer ends up on your porch in the future.

Messaged

Going to be in town Friday-Tuesday for our annual trip, anything going on? I know the Burial release is Saturday, going to check out Fonta that afternoon. I usually just go to burial, tasty and the funkatorium.

We'll be in Asheville on super bowl weekend. If there are any of you kind folk that would like to pick up a bottle or two of the Burial Houtenhamer release this weekend it would be greatly appreciated. I can bring some Louisville things with me or just give you a gracious mouth hug. Your choice!

Good place to watch the Super Bowl in Asheville? Of all the times we've been there, never really been to a bar/restaurant that seemed great for sportsball watching.

Any of you fine folks have an extra bottle of Cerise or Kiwi Morte you'd want to to trade? Will be in AVL this weekend and can bring some stuff with.

Planning a trip this week up to Asheville this week with the wife and another couple (Wednesday - Saturday).

Anything unique happening to look out for? Last trip up was about 2 years ago.

We have a Sierra Nevada tour Friday night but not much else planned.

Planning a trip this week up to Asheville this week with the wife and another couple (Wednesday - Saturday).

Anything unique happening to look out for? Last trip up was about 2 years ago.

We have a Sierra Nevada tour Friday night but not much else planned.
Be sure to visit Burial! They're my personal favorite brewery in Asheville. The Salt & Smoke kitchen (onsite) puts out some of the best food in the city as well. Bhramari is an up and coming brewery within walking distance. It's definitely worth checking out. Additionally, Hi-Wire is is now putting out some solid saisons and sour beers. Enjoy Asheville!

As a recent transplant to the Charlotte, NC area, I finally made my maiden voyage to Asheville this past weekend.

I'll try to sum up into two points.

#1. I've never experienced anything like that in my life. My wife kept saying "this is like Disney for adults". (The frequency and volume of that assertion increased rapidly with each stop we made throughout the day). Never been to Disney, but I had to agree...even if simply for fear of not agreeing w/ my wife at that point. I felt like it was nearly impossible to go more than a couple blocks without stumbling upon another brewery. 50/50 chance I had even heard of it. But nearly every one of them with above average selections.

#2. I've always had a soft spot for Sierra Nevada, but holy **** is their NC facility amazing. Was easily the most memorable part of the weekend for me and we had had amazing experiences at Burial, Green Man, Twin Leaf and Bhramari (both are way under-rated IMO, mostly cause I'd never heard of either), Hi-Wire, etc... so that's saying something. I would consider going back just to spend a weekend there alone.

Any of you generous Asheville TBers want to pick up a four pack of Burial's Post-Apocalyptic Awakening for C+S? Love you long time.

Got a best bottle shop or brewery with stuff to go rec? I'll be passing through this weekend to hit the skatepark and wouldn't mind looking around before heading back to SC.

Got a best bottle shop or brewery with stuff to go rec? I'll be passing through this weekend to hit the skatepark and wouldn't mind looking around before heading back to SC.

Friend of mine was raving about The Whale. Despite it's stupid name, draft list looks nice and I heard the bottle selection was good.

https://thewhaleavl.com

Tasty Beverage for bottle shops, and they always have a nice tap list to drink from while you shop. I guess Wicked Weed and Burial as far as breweries with stuff to-go. Tasty will have a lot of the same things they do though, unless stuff has sold out.

You can also shop online for pickup from tasty, if there's something that drops in the days/week before a visit. They (we) don't sell out of local stuff too quickly most of the time since locals grab stuff at breweries a lot of the time (and there's just not that many Asheville locals).

Plus, you can hang with fringe TB users like kbs there

Planning on renting a cabin in ashville for a few days during spring break. Are these places still all good options? How about with kids?

Kids are acceptable in most places around town. Some aren’t as happy to have them but as a whole most are.

Burial is very kid friendly, the owners are extremely kind, and have their kids there sometimes!

Wicked weed doesn’t care, Highlands yard on a nice day is riddled with families out playing and enjoying the outdoors and some beers. Greenman has a great spot and kids welcome. Hi wire isn’t far as well.

You can park on south slope and pretty much cover everything you need. I’d skip Brusin ales and all that junk on the north side of town. Lexington ave and all that doesn’t have much.

Curate for an epic dinner, rhubarb is great. If you r got kids, and want some whole hog bbq then hit up Buxton hall. You can wait next door at catawba and have a good time. It’s all there on the slope again, walk a circle and plenty of food.

I’m a biscuit head or vortex guy for breakfast depending on what we are doing or time in town. Early girl or Tupelo if you want touristy downtown things. Tupelo is tasty, call them and they’ll do call ahead seating, trust me when you show up, and see the line outside. You’ll get shitty stares walking past them all waiting.

For bottles- tasty is okay, but app vintner is probably the best spot around. Can drink and shop, andhuge selection of most locals and distro. Great wine selection and tap list too.

Where is your cabin? There’s a few breweries around Asheville outside of “proper”

Looks like we are about 20 min north of downtown Ashville. So we will probably go into town around 1 and be back by 5 or 6 depending on the day while walking trails in the morning.

My hope is to visit a few places in the day (with the kids too so not all beer related) and go back to the cabin to relax and drink a few beers.

If you're looking for the most perfect ever beer paradise that is about as kid-friendly as it gets, I've got two words for you: Sierra Nevada. A little south of Asheville proper, but completely worth it. They have live music, a huge garden with a play area for kids, bocce ball, cornhole...award-winning restaurant. I would like to live there.

If you're looking for the most perfect ever beer paradise that is about as kid-friendly as it gets, I've got two words for you: Sierra Nevada. A little south of Asheville proper, but completely worth it. They have live music, a huge garden with a play area for kids, bocce ball, cornhole...award-winning restaurant. I would like to live there.

Definitely on the list. Thanks for the info too

Planning on renting a cabin in ashville for a few days during spring break. Are these places still all good options? How about with kids?

Every time I’m up in Asheville, I havr grandiose plans of hitting a bunch of breweries. Then I end up going to Burial a ton because their beers are great and the vibe is fantastic.

Sierra Nevada outside of town is also awesome.

Pisgah Brewing is another cool spot outside of town, to go late afternoon for a beer, music and family vibe.

The Wedge has a ton of outdoor space is the weather is nice.

Triple Falls is an easy, kid friendly hike too. http://www.dupontforest.com/explore/triple-falls/

Looks like we are about 20 min north of downtown Ashville. So we will probably go into town around 1 and be back by 5 or 6 depending on the day while walking trails in the morning.

My hope is to visit a few places in the day (with the kids too so not all beer related) and go back to the cabin to relax and drink a few beers.

If you are north of Asheville you could also hit up Zebulon in Weaverville or Zillicoah in Woodfin. If you are heading down south to visit Sierra Nevada make sure to also visit Blue Ghost.

Latest posts

Back