Are the Blichmann gas T's stainless?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meckhart

Reaction score
I recently bought a blickhmann toptier and the burners came with some 1/2" diameter T's to build a gas pipe and split off the gas. I'm using black pipe but I was wondering if anybody knows if the T's that came are stainless steel? The outside is dull but the inside threads are pretty shiny but I'm not sure if it's just shiny because of the thread cutting process. If the T's are stainless then I rather use one to make a bleeder valve for my pump and replace the gas splitter with just black steel elbow at the top since I don't need a T at the top.

All the stainless fittings I've ever seen will have a marking somewhere that indicates the type of stainless it is (e.g. 304, 316). If it doesn't have that, it's prob not stainless.

the ones that I got with my top-tier over the summer were not stainless. they look nice right out of the box but if you leave them in your garage for a few weeks, they will rust up very nicely ;)

Latest posts

Back