Are perlicks really worth it!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoNothing

Reaction score
Is a perlick forward seal faucet REALLY worth it? Im just putting parts together now for my tower and its quite a bit more money to go with the forward sealing faucets. Would I really enjoy the fact that I bought them over the standard rear sealing ones?

Is a perlick forward seal faucet REALLY worth it? Im just putting parts together now for my tower and its quite a bit more money to go with the forward sealing faucets. Would I really enjoy the fact that I bought them over the standard rear sealing ones?

Once you find yourself with a stuck faucet or when you are standing there in shock, beer flowing onto the floor, because the handle broke off in your hand you'll be wishing you had bought the Perlicks.

Superior Products has them for about as cheap as you can find them lest' you can set up a wholesale account with Rapids Wholesale.

I have them and love it!! I really haven't used any other so, I am sure others will have much more info.

I just bought 25 of them for the pub. I love them, easier to clean, no sticking faucets. They are a must for home kegerators if you're pulling the tap on a consistent basis.

Superior Products - 3/16" Nipple shank and a SS perlick -$43.58
Most other supply places - 3/16" shank, nipple, and cheap chrome faucet ~ $38.00

That was the easiest $5 upgrade decision of my life.

Ive ordered 2 perlicks and 2 of the bent shanks. Should be here on wed. and I can finish up my tower and quit opening my kegerator each time I want a beer.

I'm tired of my faucets sticking (Crappy ones came with the good quality tower I scored) and I finally have the money for a pair of perlicks. Ordering these and a faucet wrench (SP really is the cheapest for these).

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything while placing my order. Should be as simple as cut off the pressure, draw a draft, and swap them. My concern was air getting into my beer- I don't have any cut offs on my beer lines. Should I just wait until I kick the current keg to swap these? Thanks!

I'm tired of my faucets sticking (Crappy ones came with the good quality tower I scored) and I finally have the money for a pair of perlicks. Ordering these and a faucet wrench (SP really is the cheapest for these).

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything while placing my order. Should be as simple as cut off the pressure, draw a draft, and swap them. My concern was air getting into my beer- I don't have any cut offs on my beer lines. Should I just wait until I kick the current keg to swap these? Thanks!

I would just remove the gas and beer disconnects from the keg and then open the faucet to get any extra beer out of the lines and then you can switch the faucets and reconnect.

I would just remove the gas and beer disconnects from the keg and then open the faucet to get any extra beer out of the lines and then you can switch the faucets and reconnect.

Thanks drunkatuw! That's about what I was planning on doing, I just didn't want to waste good beer :)

First time ordering through SP and quite satisfied- Wrench came NEXT DAY, unfortunately faucets are coming tomorrow (three days). Still, great order fulfillment and customer service I'd say.

CIMG0151.jpg

Relax, have a beer...

Perlick drips a little. Guess it needs broken in?

D'you mean it drips steadily? Or just 2-3 drips after a pour?

I get 2-3 drips after pouring a beer. I just wait a sec, let it drip, then walk away satisfied.

Ok, if you have an existing tower and faucets then what do you need to do to upgrade? Can you use existing shanks and everything else? Is it an easy upgrade?

Any threads out there on that? Or is it no big deal.....

Ok, if you have an existing tower and faucets then what do you need to do to upgrade? Can you use existing shanks and everything else? Is it an easy upgrade?

Any threads out there on that? Or is it no big deal.....

Easy as pouring a beer- I do recommend getting a faucet wrench/turner though. If you look at your current faucets, they have a 'grooved' (?) ring with four little holes on them. These just need loosened (a faucet turner will ensure there are no nicks/scratches), old faucet and rubber gasket ring removed, new set aligned and tightened back in.

I think the drip tray that is shown in the post by MoRo ToRiUm is great.

I really like how it wraps around the tower a bit.

Where can one like that be found ?

I have only seen the rectangular ones.

Back