Aquired kegs, have questions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1KD1

Reaction score
I found a good deal on old coke kegs. I got three kegs and two sets of pin lock nipple thingies (posts?) The guy also gave me 15 ft of 1/4" beverage line.

I read everyone saying a fella should use 3/16" line. Is there a difference in the pin lock barbs? Looks like 3/16 hose would be pretty hard to get on the barb.

Does anyone use 1/4" line?

If I need to get 3/16" beer line, can I use the 1/4" line for gas side?

5/16th for gas, it's pretty standard on that. The barbs are going to be the same pin/ball doesn't matter. It's easy. Most suggest a measuring cup of boiling water pull it out let sit a few and then put the end of the bev line in it to soften and it will slide right on. I have a lighter for my rig out by the kegarator so I just move a flame over it to warm it up and slide it on.

So the 1/4" line I have is useless? It's brand new line so was hoping it would be useful and I could save a few bucks. Gonna take me awhile to save up money for regulators and shut-off valves and a manifold...

Guess its just gonna take a bit longer if I have to buy 3/16" and 5/16" line too...

1/4" is o.k. for gas but will foam up like a mofo if you drink from it. Try to hook up the 15' to a keg and see. Maybe it will work for you.

Latest posts

Back