Applying labels-best way?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMU_Alumn08

Reaction score
I printed off some labels on my printer and applied a waterproofing/proctectant spray and am trying to figure a way to get em on the bottles. What's the best way? Glue? I read somewhere something about dipping the labels in milk? Anyone else heard of that? Any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks.

You do know that there is a whole section on lableing here right? You can read in there for some ideas.

Cheers

haha so i just dip them in milk and voila they stay on? seems magical/odd

It's a branch of the fermento-esoteric arts covered in some depth in the Lactonomicon and referred to obliquely in the historical fragment The White Tablet of Elsie the Greater.
Both of these are available at the top of the forum in a sticky.

My understanding is that the adherence of the label to the bottle occurs due to the Doctrine of Correspondences; the label and bottle in the microcosm are attracted/adhered by the same mechanism that binds the moon and Neptune in the Macrocosm.

A side note: It is widely thought that the labeled bottles should never be placed near or in Uranus.

FM,
RDWSASWC
(Relax, Don't Worry, Sacrifice a Small White Chicken)

I use an elmers glue sitck. Cheap, easy and no mess. The labels come off easy after you empty the bottle aswell.

I use an elmers glue sitck. Cheap, easy and no mess. The labels come off easy after you empty the bottle aswell.

That's two for elmers glue sticks. I use them all the time now. I guess milk would work just fine, but glue sticks seem like the least messy, driest option.

Back