Apple Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djjessg

Reaction score
I am a novic extract brewer and I have a gallon of freshly pressed apple cider. I'm not really interested in making a hard cider, but would really like to add it to a beer. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a recipe and might know how and when to add the cider. Thanks in advance.

I moved this thread to the cider Making Discussion for you. Hopefully you will get more feedback here. :mug:

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find lots of helpful information here.

Well, I've mixed cider with various ales & none of the combinations were drinkable. But, the only considerations are: don't boil the cider (that sets the pectin AND gives you a burnt apple flavor) & treat it with campden 48 hours before adding it to the primary.

There's this recipe: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pwp/tofi/bmdl_brewers/apple_beer.html

Many people have asked about this topic, but no one has posted any results. You could be the first.

I'm trying a "Malty Cider", if you scroll down a ways you'll find a thread.

I sampled some yeasterday, after 5 days in the primary. Not much appl-y, plenty fruity (berries). Still plenty of body. Time will tell.

Back