Apfelwine additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird400

Reaction score
I have been looking at making Edwort´s Apfelwine for some time now.

I am just waiting to find some good juice to work with.

The thing is that yesterday my GF made herself an apple juice using one of those juice makers, and she added carrots, tells me that she always uses carrots with apples when making juice.

Now I must say that it tasted good, really good, and after adding some lemon juice it tasted even better.

That got my thinking.

Have any of you added something other then apple juice/cider and some sort of sugar when making apfelwine.

My first go will most likely be all-apple and made just like Edwort´s recipe, but I like experimenting and why not :)

I have a batch going now with a pound of lactose and two cans of cranberry juice concentrate. There's a few threads floating around with all sorts of ideas of how to changeup the recipe. You have to do the original first though :D

I plan to, just bought 24 liters (6.35 gal.) of apple juice about an hour ago :D

Now I just need to find yeast that fits.

Back