MO2 yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heksa

Reaction score
Hi,
I have made apple cider three times.
First using Lalvin EC 1118 yeast, result was dry but good.
Second only apple juice, not very good but drinkable
Now 5 days ago I made 5 liters using MO2 yeast, the cider is on temperature of around 23C. It was bubling a lot but now not too much or nothing.
I have only pastorized apple juice and yeast. Same method than in my first cider, all is clean and sanitised.

What could be problem or is there any problem?

Hi,
I have made apple cider three times.
First using Lalvin EC 1118 yeast, result was dry but good.
Second only apple juice, not very good but drinkable
Now 5 days ago I made 5 liters using MO2 yeast, the cider is on temperature of around 23C. It was bubling a lot but now not too much or nothing.
I have only pastorized apple juice and yeast. Same method than in my first cider, all is clean and sanitised.

What could be problem or is there any problem?
I don't know how to edit text. The apple juice is from our own apples.

Probably not a problem.

I assume you are referring to the M02 batch. What is the SG? If it is close to 1.000 then it is fully fermented already.

I have had M02 stop bubbling after 7 days at 18C. At 23C which is at the upper end of the recommended temperature range it could finish even faster. If you used the 9g sachets MJ acknowledge that they also contain micronutrients "as this gives an added benefit" so it could really rev along.

You can use the taste as a guide. M02 has a reputation for finishing dry with perhaps a slight touch of sweetness so if the taste is something like that, it could be done already.

Probably not a problem.

I assume you are referring to the M02 batch. What is the SG? If it is close to 1.000 then it is fully fermented already.

I have had M02 stop bubbling after 7 days at 18C. At 23C which is at the upper end of the recommended temperature range it could finish even faster. If you used the 9g sachets MJ acknowledge that they also contain micronutrients "as this gives an added benefit" so it could really rev along.

You can use the taste as a guide. M02 has a reputation for finishing dry with perhaps a slight touch of sweetness so if the taste is something like that, it could be done already.
Yes, it might be ready. I add few drops of syrup and tsadaa..it start to bubble again. I need get some bottles, I was planning to bottle it at the end of the month.

I don't know if it correct or not but I change my cider to other 5 litre bottle and add some more apple juice to replace the yeast in the bottom of original bottle. I did this also last time.
I think it will bubble some time again, at least it started to bubble.
I was bit surprised as there was not too much yeast smell.

A whole packet of MO2 for 5 litters? That's a really high pitch rate. I'm not surprised that it finished in 5 days.
No, I use less than half of MO2. I change the cider to other bottle+ add some more juice and it is still bubbling.

Back