Apfelwein additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sol

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm still pretty new, but have my 4th batch of Apfelwein conditioning using EdWort's recipe that everybody here knows. The last few batches I've tried mixing things up a bit to see how different ingredients would affect the final product. I've got plenty of friends that love the original recipe and am anxious to see what they thing of a couple of twists.

So far I've just played with brown sugar. My last two batches have used 2lbs of dextrose and 1lb of brown sugar and 1lb of dextrose and 2lbs of brown sugar.

Share your Apfelwein adventures with me! Cinnamon? Blueberries? Maple syrup? I'm just looking for ideas for what to try next.

Thanks!

Cranberries... cinnamon... raspberries...
That's all I can think of at the moment. If you do cranberries, don't add any more acid.

I like 1.5-2 gal of pomegranate juice (per 5 gal). The real stuff..not blended.

oh ya and a year of aging helps...

Mine is in the fermenter, with only a slight tweek from the original recipe... 1lb dextrose and 1lb clover honey.

Back