Anyone used babyfood?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobidoux

Reaction score
If you are trying to use fruit in your brew, this seems like the perfect ready to go stuff. It is already puree'd and surely pasturized to high heaven. Plus, there is plenty of organic selection as well as many interesting fruit combinations if that's what your looking for. It's also pre-measured out perfectly. Thoughts?

Hmmm... seems to me that could get expensive by the time you add the required amount of fruit for a 5 gallon batch. As far as if it'd work, I can't see why not.

Interesting, never heard doing that before in all my experience with brewing. Any reason you would choose baby food over the puree in a can marketed towards brewers?

TB

For one reason my LHBS unfortunately doesn't offer the canned puree for brewers, and baby food is everywhere. Also, the organic aspect of many these baby food's is appealing. There also seemed to be a lot of different baby food's to choose from, for example, I think I saw banana and strawbery puree in a six ounce jar for a buck and change. Whole strawberries dont come cheap, and when you take away the bother of puree'ing and pasturizing it yourself, seems like a break even to me.

I picked up 6 pounds of cherry puree for $26 online. If money is a concern, you'd still be better off buying fruit puree from someone like Midwest Supplies or Northern Brewer, etc.

How much are you looking to add to the beer per 5 gallons?

TB

I really like the apricot, but I haven't had it in a while. Probably because my youngest is almost eight.

Latest posts

Back