Anyone use Bronco Round Trash Can?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflongo

Reaction score
I was looking at buying a 10 gallon Brute Trash Can to ferment in. I came across these as well at Home Depot, they say they are NSF listed for standard 21 (thermoplastic refuse containers) and standard 2 (food contact and clean ability), both containers and optional lids.

So far about $20, I can get the container and lid. What do you guys think? I was thinking of getting one, drilling a hole in the lid, adding a grommet and airlock, and fermenting 8 gallons in them.

Next time I'm in HD or Lowes, I'll have to pick one up, brew up a 8 gallon batch and give it a shot. Thanks, I like what you are using as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200849025434?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I use a couple of these to do 11.5 gallon batches, trash cans may work just fine but these have a few pluses

gaskets in the lids that screw on, food safe, nice strong handle for moving around

but what you found my be just the ticket for what you are doing

all the best

S_M

Yeah, I have a pair of those as well, they rock. Don't use them anymore since I got my conical. Thinking they would make good base malt storage now.

Yeah, I have a pair of those as well, they rock. Don't use them anymore since I got my conical. Thinking they would make good base malt storage now.

they would :) you more then likely can get a 55 pound bag in one maybe more

I love doing my 11.50 gallon batches in them, I can fit them both side by side in my chest freezer

the handles are good and strong, I pick up them up to siphon into kegs

they clean up great it is so easy to reach inside

cheers

S_M

Back