Anyone seen this after a cold crash?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbeh

Reaction score
I’m making the traditional Zombie Dist clone as I quite like it. This is my 5th batch of this beer and the only difference is I subbed Citra for Mozaic.

Brew day went well, pitched two packs of S04 rehydrated. Fermented for 10 days and I dry hopped. Was going a 3 day dry hop but today will be day 5.

I cold crashed on Saturday for 24 hours. Pulled it out last night and this morning it’s warmed up and I have what looks like large yeast floaties floating around. Some have settled in the groves of the glass carboy on the side.

I’m probably going to bottle tonight regardless but wondering if people have seen that after a cold crash.

I did a couple ale brews with the citra hops and most people did not like it. I found it drinkable but not a fan of that flavor from citra hops.
Oh and no weird floaties in my beer.

I did a couple ale brews with the citra hops and most people did not like it. I found it drinkable but not a fan of that flavor from citra hops.
Oh and no weird floaties in my beer.

To be honest I have a hard time believing people didn't like the beer just because of the usage of citra hops..

i admit i am a new brewer. the only brews i messed up on i used my own well water. (to much iron and very high hardness) now i use r.o. water with proper additions for style and biab full volume boil so far all the beers have tasted great except the 2 batches i used citra hops in. i am afraid to use them in any brews now and i have i think 6 oz left.

[...]I cold crashed on Saturday for 24 hours. Pulled it out last night and this morning it’s warmed up and I have what looks like large yeast floaties floating around. Some have settled in the groves of the glass carboy on the side.

I’m probably going to bottle tonight regardless but wondering if people have seen that after a cold crash.

No - but I go straight from the cold chamber to a keg so the beer doesn't get a chance to warm up, cause CO2 to break out of solution, and carry random stuff up from the bottom...

Cheers!

Back