Anyone mount picnic taps to the collar of keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justdrumin

Reaction score
Anyone see a problem with doin this? I don't have the money to buy shanks and all right now. So I'm thinking I'm going to mount the picnic taps to the collar. I was considering buying the shanks, and risking a very angry SWMBO, because keg connection is upgrading to all ss for free tomorrow. Not perlicks though. Are the regular ss ones any better than the chrome ones? Or just stick with picnic taps and save for perlicks? Thanks! Happy Turkey Day!

I don't see why not, though, I'd just scoop the gear, and wait on the construction till all the gear is acquired.

I bought the freezer last night and I was hoping to take advantage of some Black Friday sales to buy the kegs and lines, faucets, etc. keg connection is doing ball locks for $35 limit one, free shipping, $35 for a steel 4# co2, and free upgrade to ss faucets, levers, shanks, and tail pieces. The 4 picnic taps will already be over budget, but doable.

Back