• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone looking to go pro?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrewerJack said:
*Takes inventory of what items I absolutely need in my house* Dammit not enough room. Do I really need a sink, stove, AND refrigerator? Hmmmm...

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you. I get my annual bonus in this pay cycle, but don't think my wife would support this level of brewing investment. :)

about two years from now, I would have people there look at it tonight, then flight into town

...and to think I only live 15 minutes down the road from lansdale...

If I only had a spare 30K sitting around, oh, and a place to store all that wonderful whatnot!

Maybe a dumb question but why do you need so many boil kettles? Most breweries I have seen just have one main one...

Ahh maybe that's what bop means... Multiple people come over and brew on premise? Shared facilities?

Yep that's what it is. Our LHBS has six 30gallon kettles and they host classes as well. It's a blast to go and learn to brew and of course sample all the different brews people bring in for class. Wish I could buy that stuff and open up shop myself.

No wonder they went out of business. 20 gallons? 100k? That is ****ing laughable. Sorry to sound callous, but I can believe someone spent so much money without doing at least an hour's worth of google research on starting a brewery. Such a waste.

It certainly wasn't a brewery. Brew-on-premises is basically a shop where people can go homebrew on the store's equipment.

I wonder if this involves (or interests) Keystone Homebrew, which is right nearby in Montgomery Township. I heard a couple years ago, before they moved out of the old shoebox and into there current grand space, that they were considering a brew-on-premises thing. They seem to have the space for it now.

...and to think I only live 15 minutes down the road from lansdale...

If I only had a spare 30K sitting around, oh, and a place to store all that wonderful whatnot!

I'm just 5 minutes down the road, and I've got a place to store it all. Just let me use it while you pay it off.

Deal ?

No wonder they went out of business. 20 gallons? 100k? That is ****ing laughable. Sorry to sound callous, but I can believe someone spent so much money without doing at least an hour's worth of google research on starting a brewery. Such a waste.

I've got to agree with you there. $100k (on equipment alone) for that set up is just bad business sense. You could replicate that set-up with stainless kettles over natural gas burners for seriously like $10k.

I used to work @ a brew it yourself store in Fort Collins until it went out of business in '99 or '00 (cleverly called Brew-It-Yourself). They had to auction all the equipment off and it sold for pennies on the $. Those systems are amazing. Steam jacket kettles could bring 17 gal to a boil in 2 minutes and the heat exchanger could get boil to 70, filter, and into fermenter in less than a minute. If a HBC could get the cash together I might move there and join their club.

Latest posts

Back