Anyone know what this is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htims05

Reaction score
What is this?

Attachments

• 0C7206F5-3AB1-4859-980B-76EE06B0FB50.jpeg
    0C7206F5-3AB1-4859-980B-76EE06B0FB50.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
  • C0006F9A-12F8-4173-AF5C-342B2F054B01.jpeg
    C0006F9A-12F8-4173-AF5C-342B2F054B01.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
Oh - I got it in a bunch of stuff I picked up from someone on CL. What do you do hook it to your hose outside? I have no bottles to wash so it doesn't matter but was just curious how to use it.

Oh my faucet doesn't have that style for it to screw into in fact none of my faucets inside do...but I know what you mean - thanks!

I had one and used it on my outside faucet to rinse out my Better Bottles (carboys) when I still had them. I used it for bottles too.

Oh my faucet doesn't have that style for it to screw into in fact none of my faucets inside do...but I know what you mean - thanks!

Have you removed your aerator to verify that you can't screw this on? Most faucets have screw-on aerators that, once removed, would facilitate using this IF you want to do that every time you're washing bottles.
homebrudoc

Actually, many of the newer style faucets do not have screw on aerators. Pretty much all of the pull out wand style ones do not have one.

My problem in the kitchen. The adapter that worked with the old faucet won't thread in due to the aerator being recessed. If my adapter had more threads, it would thread right up.

That and the mrs complaining about the beer smell is two main reasons why I don't brew as much in the kitchen as I would like.

Same here - old kitchen faucet no problem, new fancy pull-down faucet needs a special tool just to remove the custom aerator.
Lots of pull-down faucets are difficult if not impossible to thread in adapters.
Fortunately I have my own brew sink...

Cheers!

there is a two or three dollar adapter at the hardware store to screw onto the threads for the aerator and give you the hose threads that these needs.

However, I once attached one to an ancient faucet, attached the washer, turned it on, and . . . created several pinhole leaks as the old faucet arm gave . .

there is a two or three dollar adapter at the hardware store to screw onto the threads for the aerator and give you the hose threads that these needs.

However, I once attached one to an ancient faucet, attached the washer, turned it on, and . . . created several pinhole leaks as the old faucet arm gave . .

For the pull down style faucets? I have the one for the regular faucet, but they won't thread up into the pull down style. Mine would probably fit these if the hole was wide enough for me to get the garden hose part in it or (better) the adapter was longer in length.

no, not that I know of for the pulldowns.

A plumber buddy swapped my faucet out for one those; he buys them in bulk. Our faucet still kind of worked, but pressure had dropped due to our insanely hard water and lime buildup.

It's wonderful. My wife loves it.

Naturally, I found a couple of adaptors for the old faucets in the garage a few days later . . .

I"m toying with the idea of tapping the line under the sink . .

Back