Anyone know what kind of tap i need for this keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennihana

Reaction score
I scored big time!!! Found this guy just laying in the street the other day.

But i have never used or seen this style of keg before. Is it usable for homebrewing? If so what kind of tap do i need?

keg.jpg

keg2.jpg

You have an "A" system keg valve (aka German Slider) which will require the "A" system keg coupler.

SystemKeg.jpg

Fanatastic thats really good to know. Any suggestions on how to fill or clean the keg. Like i said before ive never used this before so other that the operation of the tap i have no idea on how to proceed for using this for home use.

I am unsure how easy these type of kegs are to clean/fill. If you cannot remove the valve easily, then it may be more trouble than it is worth, and why it was laying on the street. With Oktoberfest celebrations going on this time of year, I am sure there are an abundance of these German kegs around, that once held some tasty Märzenbier. :mug:

I am unsure how easy these type of kegs are to clean/fill. If you cannot remove the valve easily, they it may be more trouble than it is worth, and why it was laying on the street. With Oktoberfest celebrations going on this time of year, I am sure there are an abundance of these German kegs around, that once held some tasty Märzenbier. :mug:

I want to be at the party where the aftermath is a street lined with empty kegs!
:ban:

Back