Anyone interested in being a Head Brewer for a start up in Oklahoma?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TR Kanuch

Reaction score
Looking to complete our start up team for a restaurant/brewery and distribution company. Wanting to grow and scale, have the business, sales and marketing all wrapped up, but need the most critical team member! Anyone interested or know anyone that might be?

Thank you John for the feedback. Completely new to the brewing world so trying to understand the best way to find help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Your business is too important to take that for granted. As you said, you're looking for the "most critical team member," so don't cut corners. The success hangs in the balance. There must be some trade publications for the restaurant and brewing industries that have classifieds. Use those to target the right audience: professionals who can bring the right skills to your business.

I agree with Max and Fairly. We love to brew, and some here are great brewers, but almost all amateurs. Find a professional. Let us know how it goes.

You might be surprised by the qualifications some of the members of HBT have. I for one have a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration with minors in Business and Marketing. That being said I am much better in food service than I am in brewing and am quite happy in my present job.

I would suggest you get to know some of the members of Red Earth Brewers. The OKC homebrew club. We have had several members go on to open successful breweries in Oklahoma. Even if it doesn't lead you to a head brewer it would be good from a marketing standpoint.

You twisted my arm. I'll do it. When do I start? I can give you an official resume, by a rundown of my qualifications are as follows:

I brew on my back deck when it is nice outside, garage when it isn't.
Plastic coolers and various jerry rigged pieces make up a great deal of my equipment.
My assistant is a schnauzer.
I always drink while brewing.
My product has been well received by the public (friends and family...and a little for my previously mentioned assistant).
My general yield after each session is about as much as what you would find on top of a watercooler.

Latest posts

Back