Anyone here used Brewer's Best Graham Cracker extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Reaction score
It seems really clear Southern Tier uses an extract in their pumpkins to get that candy like graham cracker taste. Recently tried Elysian Night Owl and it had that same flavor in it. I recently brewed an Imperial Spicy Pumpkin Stout and it's in the keg carbonating and I want that flavor so I ordered it on Amazon and plan to first try it added to a pint to make sure I like it before opening the keg and adding it. Just wanted to see opinions on it by anyone here that has used it. Also, it says to use the whole bottle for 5 gallons - agreed?

Rev.

No one? With all the members we have on here? Well if no one replies I'll give my personal feedback by this weekend as I'll have tried it by then.

Rev.

Please let us know- I will subscribe to this post. I am flirting with the idea of adding a brewers best extract flavoring to a Hefeweizen for the first time- looking for some feedback.

Please let us know- I will subscribe to this post. I am flirting with the idea of adding a brewers best extract flavoring to a Hefeweizen for the first time- looking for some feedback.

Received the bottle today. Going to test in a glass of my Imperial Spicy Pumpkin Stout this Friday. If I like it I will add it to the keg. I will report back Friday.

Rev.

Got anxious and tried it today instead on tomorrow. Do NOT use this crap, it's terrible! It tastes like 100% fake chemical crap and doesn't taste in any way shape or form like graham crackers. Luckily I added it to a half glass of beer first. Ruined the beer. Then out of curiosity I put a drop of it on my tongue, yuck!! How can they call it graham cracker? Anyway, lesson learned.

As a side note, the habanero heat came out 100% perfect in my Imperial Spicy Pumpkin Stout but the vegetable flavor is a bit too noticeable. Add to that my first go at doing a vodka pumpkin spice tincture seems so far to be an utter failure. I added the second tincture today cause I didn't get enough extraction from the first and I still can't really taste the tincture in the beer. Sad day today :( First time doing this though so I guess it's to be expected.

Rev.

Got anxious and tried it today instead on tomorrow. Do NOT use this crap, it's terrible! It tastes like 100% fake chemical crap and doesn't taste in any way shape or form like graham crackers. Luckily I added it to a half glass of beer first. Ruined the beer. Then out of curiosity I put a drop of it on my tongue, yuck!! How can they call it graham cracker? Anyway, lesson learned.

As a side note, the habanero heat came out 100% perfect in my Imperial Spicy Pumpkin Stout but the vegetable flavor is a bit too noticeable. Add to that my first go at doing a vodka pumpkin spice tincture seems so far to be an utter failure. I added the second tincture today cause I didn't get enough extraction from the first and I still can't really taste the tincture in the beer. Sad day today :( First time doing this though so I guess it's to be expected.

Rev.
I guarantee you put way too much in your half glass of beer. Also you put it directly on your tongue? Wtf? It’s an extract, it’s only supposed to be consumed when diluted...

Go put some almond or vanilla extract on your tongue and let us know how it tastes...

I guarantee you put way too much in your half glass of beer. Also you put it directly on your tongue? Wtf? It’s an extract, it’s only supposed to be consumed when diluted...

Go put some almond or vanilla extract on your tongue and let us know how it tastes...
Though I completely agree with you, idk if you’re aware but you replied to a 3 year old post.

Though I completely agree with you, idk if you’re aware but you replied to a 3 year old post.
That said, the title line got my attention. I've been toying with a recipe for a key lime fruited sour. The missing element in making it a Key Lime Pie sour is some kind of Graham cracker grainy sub flavor.

Generally not a fan of fru-fru beers, but I love me some Key Lime pie and I'm more than willing to take a flier on a silly novelty beer every once in a while. What/how are people doing to get a Graham crackery back taste?

Back