Anyone had a chance to play with the Cryo Pop Blend yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewChatter

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
Just brought in the new Cryo Pop Blend to see what it's all about, but haven't had a chance to brew our standard Golden Promise SMASH pale ale we always do to play with the profile. Has anybody played with these yet? Any feedback so far?

Wow ! Thats a thread I was to post really soon because I just got 10oz of Cryo pop in the mail last week ! I never made a 100% cryo hop beer but Yakima says thats you can use 100% of these...

I plan to use my ''go to'' NEIPA'' recipe that is around 6.5% and only use these hops ( not the complete 10oz...)...

I think to do :

0,5oz boil 30 minutes
3oz whirpool @ 75C during 30 minutes
3oz dry hop once active fermentation occur for about 5-7 days max.

Nice! Let me know how it comes out! Just did a basic pale yesterday, ~1.052. I did:
2.5 mL CO2 Hop Extract @ 60
1 oz CryoPop @180 F for 20 minutes
I plan on doing 0.5 Dh @ day 3, then 0.5 oz DH @ Day 9. Fermenting with Kveiking because it's HOT! I'll post up results in soon!

Nice! Let me know how it comes out! Just did a basic pale yesterday, ~1.052. I did:
I plan on doing 0.5 Dh @ day 3, then 0.5 oz DH @ Day 9. Fermenting with Kveiking because it's HOT! I'll post up results in soon!

I will ! I should brew my 100% Cryo pop NEIPA in a week or two... results to come...

Have you seen that web page www.cryopopblend.com

There is 3 recipes... I was looking into that one but I feel that there is not enought whirpool hops but it would be a good start... :

https://cryopopblend.com/wp-content...-Cryo-Pop-Original-Blend-Single-Hop-NEIPA.pdf

Haha, more WP hops is always a good thing! Tested mine yesterday and it's sitting at 1.004 and ready for the second charge of dry hops, so we shall see how much they actually Pop!

Had this beer last night... made with Cryo Pop and its one of the best NEIPA I had in a long time... I contacted the brewery to ask them if they only used Cryo Pop or a blend... they told me Mosaic/Citra was used in the whirpool and Cryo Pop used 100% of the dry hops. I am still decided to brew a batch 100% Cryo Pop...

cryopop.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! That's the first commercial beer I've seen with Cryo Pop! From what I'm getting through fermentation, seems like Mosaic and Citra would be a good balance to the heavy stonefruit aromas I'm smelling.

Are there any updates on those of you who have brewed with cryopops yet?

I did only one NEIPA using 100% Cryo Pop... I dont know what was missing but next time I will mix them with some ''regular'' hops. I would use only 1/3 Cryo Pop max... it wasnt bad but it was far from a very good NEIPA... we learn each batch we brew I guess.

Back