Anyone ever seen..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradzyw

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen mould on their home brew on the surface in the fermenter? If so what does it look like?

looks like mold.... rack from underneath it and try and save it. If its white it could be Brett. or Lacto.

post a pic

Yeah it was like a thin layer of film over the top with little white bubbles on top.. Other brews I've done so far have been fine..

Hey Brady.. not sure why some folks seem to like to provide useless, terse answers.. especially on a Beginner Forum.

Search is a great tool.. in your case.. go to the search button on top and type in either Mold or Mildew. There are ton's of people who have asked the same question. It's more work than hoping for someone to come back and provide your answer. I fail to do this quite often... or maybe I'm looking for something I don't think has been covered.. Be that as it may.. Do a search.. there is tons of info, including photos that should help you.

The likelihood of you having mold is a bit remote.. especially if you are toward the end of fermentation.. IMO.. but, I think I'd not worry.

But, someone has suggested you take a couple of good photos and post them. That is good feedback for you. Kinda like asking a Dr to diagnose a sore on your back. What does it look like.. Only a trained eye can tell. The folks here have a ton of experience. Some of the feedback will be very good.. some will be parroting old wives tales.. and some pure nonsense. You'll need to turn your filter on to choose good answers... and you will learn those who are consistently reliable.

Just my opinion.. Good luck, Bill

Back