Anyone ever convert Norge upright to a kegerator or ferm chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommydee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on Craigslist looking for used kegerator/keg system. Helped the in laws move, and they gave us this 15.2 cu ft upright freezer. :ban: I have 2 7.1 cuft chest freezers in the basement, 1 for food, one as a fermentation chamber with temp controller and space heater. Should I just use the Norge as the food freezer, and convert a chest freezer to a keezer? Challenge with the Norge is that the shelves are all coils....I don't think I can remove any without affecting performance, or risking a crimp by bending or doing welding, which isn't a skill I possess.

It's a shame, because this will suck more energy as a freezer, and it would have been nice as a kegerator/beer fridge with shelves for bottles. Sorry for crap picture.

Also, is Norge a totally dead brand name? Might be my brew house brand, coolest name ever!

IMG_0068.jpg

Just use it as a freezer. I doesn't look like you can change those shelves around with the cooling fins in place.

My buddie has one like that. He bent up one of the shelves just a bit to make room. He said it worked.

Just thought of this. You could make like a collar for it. But it would probably be easier to just buy a deep frezer.

Back