Anyone else hate the Dos Equis commercials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I don't want to get into a debate on the beer- I couldn't care less about that right now. But the commercial is just asinine. The most interesting man in the world? Huh? what the **** is that ???

The comments are funny. The odd part is, beer commercials typically show people that the drinker will presumably become if they drink the advertised beer, while Dos Equis is going with a guy no one would come close to, no matter what. Unless I guess you got a hold of some of Austin Powers' Mojo.

I love them. Especially the one about where his mom has a "son" tattoo and he can touch the paintings in museums.

I love them. Especially the one about where his mom has a "son" tattoo and he can touch the paintings in museums.

That is the one that inspired this thread. There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe how stupid and not funny this commercial is.

I like them, but am kind of put off by his line, "I don't always drink beer..."

If someone is trying to convince me to drink a particular brand of beer, that kind of line isn't going to convince me to try it.

Also, "Stay Thirsty" also doesn't seem to make sense to me if you're trying to sell beer.

Whether you like the commercials or not, they are marketing genius, because we all know immediately what you are referring to, and we remember the commercials. Personally, I like a company that can laugh at itself.

My favorite one (although it makes no sense) is the: "it is said that he went to the fountain of youth and didn't drink because he wasn't thirsty."

Yet, he tells us to stay thirsty ;)

I like the spin-offs that people e-mail me:

"I don't always bang fat chics, but when I do I'm hammered on Dos Equis."

I like them. They're far better than those insipid Bud Light commercials that are nothing more than a poor attempt to resurrect Carl Weathers' career.

If someone is trying to convince me to drink a particular brand of beer, that kind of line isn't going to convince me to try it.

Also, "Stay Thirsty" also doesn't seem to make sense to me if you're trying to sell beer.

Doesn't "stay thirsty" imply you would always be ready for a cold Dos Equis?

Makes perfect sense to me.

I like the one "he can speak French in Russian," sure they are stupid but its more entertaining and sounds smarten then hearing "WAAAAAAAAZZZZZUUUP!"

Wish some local breweries would put up commercials on TV or for that matter more ads in general. Seems like the only ads I see for microbrews are either in Bars or apparel that people wear. I've seen Bell's Brewery disc golf discs that were pretty sweet!

I don't want to get into a debate on the beer- I couldn't care less about that right now. But the commercial is just asinine. The most interesting man in the world? Huh? what the **** is that ???

Bernie, I'm right with you man. I can't stand them. Fukcing stupid. My friends all love them. I don't get it..

motivatord2232d1f86fa69030c9f032951bdf725784aed97.jpg

I like them too. Fairly funny stuff.

I used to know a guy with five nipples, he was more interesting than the Dos Equis guy though.

Nope, I laugh at all of them.

yeah, sorry man, me too.

"If he were to punch you in the face, you’d have to fight off the urge to thank him.”

awesome.

edit: just finished reading the whole thread... easily the funniest thing Ive seen in a while. You people crack my sh_t up.

Most commercials these days really are lacking... more specifically dialogue, especially in radio.

I do enjoy some of the sayings though of the Dos Equies commercials even if they are contradictory. I have a feeling they are all a spin off of all the Chuck Norris jokes.

These commercials always make me laugh, along with the one with the hot chicks flanking the crazy Russian kissing his miniature giraffe.

These commercials always make me laugh, along with the one with the hot chicks flanking the crazy Russian kissing his miniature giraffe.

Now that's a commercial. I always rewind it and watch it twice. Mini giraffes are the best!

I jump in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back