Anybody know...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Does any one know who or what department to contact at the local pepsi/coke bottling and distribution plant about used or damaged display cases. You all know, the kind with the 5 foot tall sliding or hinged glass doors with several wire rack shelves inside. I would like to see if I can get a couple for lagering and plain cold keg storage. If the glass was broken and only the door frames remained that would be even better, since I would have to tint or shade the glass anyway. I am pretty sure they have a limit on the repairs they can perform before they have to scrap it and replace with a new unit. An inside line on who to talk to would be a great thing. Anybody ever deal with an issue like this?
Thanks
Wheelchair Bob

If they were easy to fix, the distributors would do it. I doubt a distributor is going to sell you their display cases unless they are pretty bad.

Check out Craigslist, and be patient with it. I got the display cooler I ferment in for $125.00 from a caterer that was going out of business.

Thanks Topher,
I see a huge lot full of the displays and coolers at both of the local plants and was really wondering why they sat for so long without moving. Are they too jacked to repair, all have the same problem or what? Some have sat long enough to begin to rust so I am not sure exactly what the deal is and was looking for the department in charge of that to ask. If they are just excess and could be sold, I would buy a few and clean them up and refit them for resale locally if I could be sure to recover my costs and maybe make a dollar or two. Not looking to get rich, just keep busy in retirement. (Like I dont have enough projects already!!!) Thanks
WCB

Back