Anybody do anything cool with bottlecaps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
I've been having my friends and relatives save their beer bottlecaps for me for about the last year now and it has grown into quite the collection. I'm hoping I'll have some genius idea for something to do with them eventually. Anybody else do/see anything cool done with caps?

I've seen tabletops covered with caps and sealed with Casting Resin and fridge magnets..... the tabletops were pretty cool.

The only cool thing I do with them is pop them off and drink what is underneath. Hey, not very crafty at that point but there was usually some very crafty stuff going on to get it to that point.

Table top or edging around a bar would be cool.

Off topic, but old guys like me use to make chains out of the old pull tops that actually came off of the cans. I had one that went all around my room and around the windows. Still have about a foot long piece tucked away in a box somewhere.

seen some different projects such as bar tops, table tops, you could do anything really. Collage. If you have a brewery logo, you use colored caps for to a wall piece of the logo! That's be cool.

I've got all our caps from the last 5 years of drinking, figure I'll either cover the surface of the bar, or do a wall mural with them using the different colors.

When I was in college we saved all out caps and we then turned them into a "beaded curtain" by punching a hole into the top of the cap and threading it onto a length of string.

Those were the days...

When I was in my early 20's, on an aimless whim, we started pressing bottle caps into the textured ceiling material of our apartment every time we opened a bottle. They would remain stuck there forever. Pretty soon we had the entire ceiling covered. We sure thought that was cool at the time but it seems pretty dumb in retrospect. Just toss them.

Back