Any Opinions on my new eBrew circuit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinr

Reaction score
Hi,
New to this forum. I'm going to be putting an e-brewing panel together this weekend based on the enclosed diagram. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome.
My equip is the standard 3-pot setup: 240V/5.5kW element in HLT with re-circ, MT recirc through HERMS, 2 pumps, 240/120 30A power source, 5.5kW element in BK.
My logic for this circuit was as follows:
I mainly wanted an e-system mainly for reliable temp control. I went with a basic EZ Boil 120 controller from Auber instead of a PID to control mash temps. I did not go for the advanced 300 model with its automated timers and mash steps, as I use my phone to set all timers, and hold sequence step info.
This controller will maintain HLT temp by monitoring temp at the output of the HERMS coil.
I went for a dual temp meter (Auber SYL-2802A) for BK and MT probes. This will let me monitor MT temp and set offset on HLT controller.
I only have one power output on panel for heating element - plan to move power connector from HLT to BK (using brewhardware's elements with integrated male L6-30 connector) . Controller has simple knob to set boil output.
I am not using any alarm outputs on the temp controller. Trying to keep it simple. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• eBrew_circuit_diagram.pdf
    653.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back