Anvil Foundry 10.5 with 240v NEMA 14-30 outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickbarley

Reaction score
Is there any good documentation on how to convert the stock Anvil Foundry 120v cord to a 240v (NEMA 14-30), so that it's compatible with my 4-prong dryer outlet? The manual does not provide advice on this connection type, and the short circuit brewing video doesn't seem to "meet code". Does an adapter exist, or does the cable need to be replaced/modified to achieve this?

If not possible, what other eBIAB kettles or AIO systems have a NEMA 14-30 connector that will plug into my dyer outlet? It's 30 amps, which I assume could handle something like the SS Brewtech e-kettle with a 5500 watt element.

Cheers

Ps. In 240 there are 2 load lines whereas 110 is one. These two lines get combined to the anvils single line ( just make sure the gauge can handle the anvil load as short circuit explains in his video)

In the 3 prong 240 the neutral and ground are the same, whereas in 4 prong the neutral and prong at 2 different lines. I’m nit an electrician but my understanding is that the inline GFCI we install in our adapter cords should suffice to prevent a start ground. Unlikely the anvil will be a path to ground the way a dryer would.

Think of this as the same thing as plugging In your 2 prong vacuum cord into your 3 prong outlet. Now since you are dealing with a lot of water, make sure you have a GFCI outlet or use the inline in your adapter.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, both the outlet and breaker do not appear to be GFCI from what I can tell, so I would need to make sure the inline adapter is GFCI instead.

Back