Connecting Anvil Foundry to Dryer Outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusa

Reaction score
I have an Anvil Foundry which I was using at 240v at my previous residence. I have recently moved to a new apartment. The stove is gas so I can't use that. From what I can tell the only outlet > 120v is the dryer outlet. It uses this cord, 4" 30 AMP 3 Wire Dryer Cord|^|WX9X2. I bought this plug, 9332-P to make a cord to connect to the foundry. But I see this plug if non-grounding. Am I correct that using this outlet would not work?

Last edited:
Nice! That would be correct for both the dryer outlet and the 240v gfci cord I have.

I have an Anvil Foundry which I was using at 240v at my previous residence. I have recently moved to a new apartment. The stove is gas so I can't use that. From what I can tell the only outlet > 120v is the dryer outlet. It uses this cord, 4" 30 AMP 3 Wire Dryer Cord|^|WX9X2. I bought this plug, 9332-P to make a cord to connect to the foundry. But I see this plug if non-grounding. Am I correct that using this outlet would not work?
The bent blade on this plug can be either ground or neutral, depending on the design of the load device. For the Anvil 240V, it would be ground, since it would not be carrying current in normal operation. If the load device has both 120V and 240V internal loads, then the bent blade would be functioning as a neutral, since it will be carrying current in normal operation.

Brew on :mug:

Maybe this would work?

The cord arrived today. I did a test this afternoon, heating water to 150f then cooling. Everything went great. Water heated, and was able to cool much quicker using water line from washing machine line. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back