another NOOB how great it is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkTom

Reaction score
Sorry, I know. Millions of times it's been posted. Friday I brewed 2 can kits. They are batch 3 and 4 for me. My process is slowly improving. One step forward was to re-hydrate my dry yeast. WOW!!! Today I just got a blow off tube in place before I had a mess in the fermentation chamber. Love my diy ferm. fridge. Can't say enough about STC1000. My first 2 batches were hurried, and being my first 2, I was a little unsure about the whole process. I still am :eek: but not as concerned about it. Any way I 've been watching my current batches closely and this evening thought I'd better get a move on with a blow off tube. I was thinking wrongly that the 64* temp might help with the wonderful krausen, keeping it in check. Boy, was I wrong. I'll make sure I have a tube on next time. The first 2 batches didn't show much activity at all. These 2 are totally different animals. What great fun it is to watch the airlocks. All the bubbles are fascinating. SWMBO is not as thrilled... I face timed her from the basement just to show her and yank her chain :D
Cheers,
Tom

Congrats! Keep up the good work. Before you know it, you'll have 10, 15, 20...50 batches under your belt! Here's to hoping that belt doesn't get too much tighter....

Back