Another new brewer stuck in NJ.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeMonkeyStang

Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm from central NJ and just started getting into the homebrew scene, though I've been interested in it for a long time. I found this forum through a good friend of mine (bferullo here on HBT) and actually did a Fat Tire clone partial mash brew with him last weekend.

At this point I'm trying to decide what equipment to buy. I'd like to have the flexibility to go all grain in the future without needing to re-buy too many things, but I will most likely do at least a couple extract batches first. I'm looking around the forums but any advice is more than welcome.

If anyone is local to me and needs a brew day assistant let me know. I could certainly use the experience, I am good at lifting heavy things, and I'm excellent at drinking beer!

Most of the stuff in the beginner kits you can keep using. A 5-6 gal. kettle is probably the best thing to buy first. It will make extract batches easier and can then become a mash tun.

Latest posts

Back