Another Love Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GParkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, a guy ( https://www.homebrewtalk.com/members/boerderij_kabouter ) posted a reply in a thread about Love controller wiring. I've copied the text below:

"For standard heating and cooling application such as in a fermentation chamber with cooling and heating capacity, you want to select MODE ON OFF1 with r0=ind., c1=dir., and c2=inv. such that when the temp drops below your first set point the cooling will kick on, and when it rises above your second set point the heater will kick on."​

It was in reference to the following schematic:

Wiring_diagram_fro_Love_TSS2-210021.bmp

My question is...Why would you want the cooling to kick in when the temp drops below the first set point and have the heat kick in when it rises above the second set point?
Am I missing something about parameter c2, or is it as simple as a writer's transposition of "cooling" and "heat"? My guts tell me to turn the chilly on above a set point, and to light a fire when the temp drops below a set point.

Back