Another "caption this photo" contest!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you what was really going on, but I had so much fun with my last "caption this photo" that I thought we could do it again.

The winner gets, well, nothing. Except accolades for being intelligent and witty. :cross:

Here's the photo:
0527131336.jpg

For some help, yes- Bob is holding a fishing rod and he's in my side yard standing over my 19x10 fish pond.

Let's see what you've got! I need a few laughs and a few beers. I have the beer...........the rest is up to you!

He brews so much that I'm bound to catch a bottle in here. I just need to figure out the right type of bait...

"Thar's a big ol' cat under them thar rocks, i'm fixin to be noodling im outa der in bit."

Judging from the map, I would've thought Lake Michigan would be bigger than this.

I'm catching Yooper's koi and grilling it. I'll just tell her a heron ate it. She'll never know.

Damn aint caught a fish all day

Looking at the size of these fish I probably should have brought a bigger rod.

Judging from the map, I would've thought Lake Michigan would be bigger than this.

We laughed at loud at all of these!

Bob thought that brewsncrabs was funniest- he's still chuckling. I'm not!

I thought BrewerinBR was my favorite so far, but I laughed at all of them.

That god damn goldfish is eating better than I am. Six worms already today. I just know lucky number 7 will pull through though.

as Tuvok would have stated in the'80s, "We ain't found s#!%"

150 points for the nerd that knows that. (I have like a million more points than that)

Billy-Klubb said:
as Tuvok would have stated in the'80s, "We ain't found s#!%"

150 points for the nerd that knows that. (I have like a million more points than that)

Sounds like we share the same taste in movies!

Bob and I are still laughing. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now for the real story.

Bob has this "thing" about tossing in some small native fish each spring when I open the pond. There are a couple of small bluegills in there, as well as a little rock bass.

Two of the bluegills grew fast (all the goldfish food, I suspect!) and became very very aggressive towards my goldfish. I tried netting them out, but couldn't catch them. Bob was able to catch them with a piece of worm, while avoiding the goldfish, so we got the aggressive bluegills out.

The pond is very shallow in some places, but over three feet deep in the area he was "fishing".

Here's a photo from earlier this week:
DSCN1163.jpg

It's sort of a pain, because I have to haul the fish in the house in the winter, and then reset it all up in the spring, but I just love that little pond and waterfall so I do it every year.

Cute grandkid! GORGEOUS dog! I lost one a few years back, could have been the dog's littermate.

Nice pond, too. Mom and dad have one very similar. I still have blisters from hauling rocks - you should start a backyard pond thread! I would but I am tired and have a few IPA's in me;)

Cute grandkid! GORGEOUS dog! I lost one a few years back, could have been the dog's littermate.

Nice pond, too. Mom and dad have one very similar. I still have blisters from hauling rocks - you should start a backyard pond thread! I would but I am tired and have a few IPA's in me;)

Ha- I'm pretty sure I did have a "backyard pond" thread when I made that pond! It was in about March/April 2007.

The goldfish were 100 for $10 at the pet store 50 miles away, as they were maybe an inch long. About a dozen died on the way home, and the rest went into the pond. I only have 7 left of those original fish, but I did give some away a couple of years ago because I had too many for my winter tank (and they grew!). Actually, 6 of them are babies of the original ones and only 1 original fish is still alive. He's big, though!

My grandson IS a cutie, that's for sure! He helped me brew last week by turning on some pumps. He told his mom, "I brew beer. But I drink milk and juice. Until I'm older." :rockin:

My dog is about 7 (we got him from a shelter in early 2008). He's the best dog ever, and he's an important part of our family. We'll miss him terribly when he's gone, that's for sure!

"I brew beer. But I drink milk and juice. Until I'm older."

T shirt for my boys! AWESOME!

Bob has this "thing" about tossing in some small native fish each spring when I open the pond. There are a couple of small bluegills in there, as well as a little rock bass.

Two of the bluegills grew fast (all the goldfish food, I suspect!) and became very very aggressive towards my goldfish. I tried netting them out, but couldn't catch them. Bob was able to catch them with a piece of worm, while avoiding the goldfish, so we got the aggressive bluegills out.

The pond is very shallow in some places, but over three feet deep in the area he was "fishing".

View attachment 125867

It's sort of a pain, because I have to haul the fish in the house in the winter, and then reset it all up in the spring, but I just love that little pond and waterfall so I do it every year.

Yooper has the fountain, err... puddle of youth in her yard. Look what it did to Bob when he fell in while trying to fish.

Yooper said:

Go get mom ol'yeller! Grammy "n" Pappy fell in the well!

As this secret photos reveals, Yooper Brewing Company has started test batches of a Two Hearted clone. Here Bob is shown preparing for the marketing photo shoot.

Latest posts

Back