Another brutus build question-pilots and mash tun tee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schristian619

Reaction score
I am in the final stages of building my brutus clone but have hit a point where I just don't where to go. Pilot lights and the mash tun tee connections.

I have a 10 tip burners from topfoodservice, and need to rig up some pilot lights. I was hoping to just run some flex line from the ball valve to the center of the burner with some sort of tip that would act as the pilot. What can I use for this? What have other people done? I looked around but wasn't really able to figure it out.

As far as the mash tun, I have the tee and thermowell, but how do I connect it to the kettle? I can't seem to find disconnects that fit. The issue seems to be with the socket side of the disconnect. I can't seem to find a socket connection with a 1/2"MPT connection. How are you guys connecting this thing?

Hoping to get this up and running this weekend. Electrical and the rest fo the gas piping tis all done. Can't wait for my first brew with this thing.

ok, think I figured out the mash tun. Finally found some garden hose disconnects at HD. Anyone care to share how they did the pilot lights?

Back