Announcing the release of Mash Made Easy version 10.30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Well, I'm back at it again, and with more apology and embarrasment. Released version 10.30 just moments ago. Another major update release. It is critical to upgrade once again.

Reason: Squashed a major bug in the reported mineralization quantities for the case of minerals added to both mash and sparge.

Might not be a bad idea to take a deep cleansing breath - for like, a week - get your head together, then put your most coherent effort up...

I'm much better at chemistry than at coding, which is simply not my game. It's often hard for me to recognize what might break or be altered downstream when code is altered. What I really need is to have my changes beta tested by a few users privately before releasing changes, whereas to fix such things, but even when I've done that the broken stuff rather frequently goes undetected.

The above said, there have clearly also been times when I've broken directly up front code (as opposed to downstream events) while believing that I've improved it. When I was in college I carried a slipstick. I did some primitive Fortran programming on stacks of punch cards, but as to formal exposure to a computer, that was it. Everything else has been self taught.

For those wondering, this punch card is how we did programming in my day. Stack up dozens to hundreds of these and you have a program. Every line of code had its own card. Monitor, what's that?

Punch Card.png

Back