Angry Orchard bottles safe to bottle carb in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyseko

Reaction score
I swear I read somewhere that Angry Orchard bottles are inferior and should not be used to bottle carb. Of course, now I can't find that info. Now that I've done research and know what all the codes mean on a 12oz bottle.....it doesn't help. These are not twist offs and they look and weigh (200g) the same as a Sam Adams bottle. My gut tells me they should be fine. Just want to make sure.

Any know or hear this?

As long as they are the same non-twist-off, standard 12oz bottle that all craft beer usually comes in, then you're good. Pretty sure I've used Angry Orchard bottles before.

I have 24 angry orchard bottles that I use consistently with no issues. Go for it

Perfect. Thanks!! Just didn't want to get them in the mix before removing labels. Let the bottling commence!:inbottle:

just started brewing and just bottled my first batch last weekend. Used angry orchard bottles and shattered 4 of them. Was wondering if the bottle is inferior or if somehow it is my fault using a handheld capper, is there a trick to these things I cant figure out or am I destined to lose some brew this way consistently...lol. thank you.

not sure about Angry orchard, but i've bottled plenty in old corona bottles......(of course from a keg though)

Back