Angry Orchard bottles safe to bottle carb in?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

johnnyseko

Reaction score
I swear I read somewhere that Angry Orchard bottles are inferior and should not be used to bottle carb. Of course, now I can't find that info. Now that I've done research and know what all the codes mean on a 12oz bottle.....it doesn't help. These are not twist offs and they look and weigh (200g) the same as a Sam Adams bottle. My gut tells me they should be fine. Just want to make sure.

Any know or hear this?

BakerBrew

Reaction score
As long as they are the same non-twist-off, standard 12oz bottle that all craft beer usually comes in, then you're good. Pretty sure I've used Angry Orchard bottles before.

irontodd

Reaction score
I have 24 angry orchard bottles that I use consistently with no issues. Go for it

OP
johnnyseko

johnnyseko

Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks!! Just didn't want to get them in the mix before removing labels. Let the bottling commence!:inbottle:

fofusak

Reaction score
Most of my bottles are from angry orchard and my wife really likes bubbles!
I usually carb cider to 3.5 volumes haven't had a bomb

Cheers

Brewt

Reaction score
just started brewing and just bottled my first batch last weekend. Used angry orchard bottles and shattered 4 of them. Was wondering if the bottle is inferior or if somehow it is my fault using a handheld capper, is there a trick to these things I cant figure out or am I destined to lose some brew this way consistently...lol. thank you.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
not sure about Angry orchard, but i've bottled plenty in old corona bottles......(of course from a keg though)

Latest posts