Angry Goat Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fremsn

Reaction score
OK here is two seals that I have been working on, and I was looking for some input from you guys.

AGSeal.jpg

AGseal1.jpg

Well 1st off, the cartoon goat ROCKS! Now I think the circular design is more symetrical, but I think the black text on blue background doesn't really work very well. I think there should be more contrast between the text color & the background color, it would make it much easier to read.

While I like the chain, I think that yellow is too bright. I'm guessing it's supposed to be a golden chain? That intense color tends to draw the eye away from the rest of the label. I think if you at least tone down the chain color, maybe even make it grey, it would help to both "contain" the rest of the label without detracting from the goat or the text.

I think the shield design is MUCH easier on the eyes though & really does a lot to showcase the goat. It's easy to read, and tends to reveal more detail to the eye at a glance. While the shield is less symmetrical, I think as is, it's far superior to the round label. I'm wondering why there is an apostrophe in the word goat; is "goat" some sort of acronym?

I think I like the shield/banner design the best. Regards, GF.

I think it's real easy. The second one is much better. Simply move the top ribbon of text up a bit to create more room then enlarge the goat as large as possible. Perhaps play with the colors from there and you've got a rockin shield for your brewery.

Schlante,
Phillip

First I would like to say thanks for the input, and I will take them into consideration.

I'm wondering why there is an apostrophe in the word goat; is "goat" some sort of acronym?
Not sure why there is an apostrophe in the word goat, it’s just how the font that I picked is. The reason for the goat is a sailor thing, mainly because I am a chief in the Navy and the area where we eat, and sleep is called the "Goat Locker". Along with that the people that I work with around here are always saying that I am a very angry person. Which makes the DW laugh when she hears someone tells her that I am a real ***.

I like them both and the goat illustration is great.. I would however make the chains a slightly darker yellow color OR add a blue outline around it to match the blue w/ lettering. Then make the lettering yellow to match the chain. But I think the chain would look better gray to tie in the goat a bit.

on the second one I'd make the shield outline the darker blue you have in the first then match the blue text on the yellow banner.

just some thoughts. nice work.

They do both look great. Going along with what coy said, you could try making the chain blue and the circular banner yellow. The only thing about the round one is the gold chain as a border is a bit light, and therefore doesn't really "contain" the image like a border should. This is dependant on background, but against the white I would try and get more contrast (between the yellow and white). But a blue chain might not make sense either, I guess.

I do like the round better because it looks more like a service badge (not sure that's what they're called in the Navy)

Latest posts

Back